Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Interview with World Junior Champ Dariusz Swiercz


World Junior Champion GM Dariusz Swiercz in an interview for Chessdom.com 
 



- Hello Dariusz, congratulations on becoming the World Junior Champion! How does it feel to win such a prestigious title?

- Hello. Thank you very much! It’s a great feeling, I am extremely happy with it.

- Last year the Championship was held in your homeland and you took a bronze medal. What was your ambition before landing in Chennai?

- I came to Chennai with target of winning the Championship. I knew that it will not be an easy task but, as I thought, if I took bronze medal last year, why shouldn’t I win the Championship this year?

- Being only 17-years old, you can still compete in the Junior events. It might be too early to ask, but would you defend the title in the next year Championship?

- I think it is too early to ask such things :) It is very hard to build a calendar of starts one year ahead. Of course, I will consider it, but I don’t know yet.

- We know that you work with GM Sulypa for awhile already. Can you reveal some of the routine of your preparation for the WJCC?

- That’s right, I work with GM Sulypa but before Championship I worked also with GM Artur Jakubiec and GM Bartosz Socko. Well, I played two control tournaments and I was mainly analyzing my games from those tournaments. I was also doing some tactics and opening analysis.

- Chess players are known to be night birds, but last year you told our contributor GM Alex Ipatov that you go to sleep early. Is this still the case?

- Yes, it is. In Chennai I also have been going to sleep quite early – about 22:30-23:00. I think that correct tournament regime is very important during the tournaments.

- Chess is gaining on popularity in Poland. Do you think that your success can be a strong incentive in this direction? How did the press cover the Championship?

- I hope that my success will encourage young Polish players to take up chess more seriously. To tell you the truth, the press writes about my Gold Medal a lot. I was also shown with medal at Polish Television.

- What is your favourite game from Chennai?

- My favourite game from Chennai was a game against Samvel Ter Sahakyan in 12th round. It was played very sharp opening and the position was very complicated. We played on very short time. At one moment, I took the pawn and I went to an endgame Q+R. I exchanged then queens and transposed to completely winning rook endgame which I won. Maybe this game wasn’t at 100% played correctly, but it was very interesting; both sides showed very big fighting spirit.

- What are your plans in the future? The next tournaments?

- My next tournament will be Open de Sants in Barcelona. After that, I will have much time for training which I hope will percentage in the future.

- Thank you for the interview and best wishes for the future competitions.

- Thank you very much.

No comments:

Dalam hidup, terkadang kita lebih banyak mendapatkan

Apa yang tidak kita

inginkan

Dan ketika kita mendapatkan apa yang kita inginkan,

Akhirnya kita tahu bahawa yang kita inginkan

Terkadang tidak dapat membuat

Hidup kita menjadi lebih bahagia.

Let's Play Against Shredder