Monday, September 19, 2011

Women's GP round 9 report


Round 9 report 

In the 9th round both games between Chinese players finished with score - Hou Yifan defeated Ruan Lufey and Ju Wenjun was stronger in the game against Zhao Xue. After four draws in a row Anna Muzychuk managed to win against Viktorija Cmilyte. Elina Danielian was very close to catch a full point in the game against Betul Yildiz as well but made a mistake and game was drawn. Ekaterina Kovalevsklaya and Tan Zhongyi had good chances in the endings but had to be satisfied with a draw results in the games against Munguntuul Bathhuyagh and Zhu Chen accordingly. After 9 games Hou Yifan keeps the leading position in the tournament one point ahead of Anna Muzychuk who placed second. Ju Wenjun and Zhao Xue share the third place.

Viktorija Cmilyte - Anna Muzychuk 0-1

Viktorija Cmilyte: Bg6 is a long forced line but I`m not sure now because after Kg7 I didn’t see a normal move, so maybe Qe4 was a mistake. Maybe Qd2 was better. Basically it was very hard to remember all lines because the position was extremely complicated. One mistake can cost a lot for both sides.

Anna Muzychuk: Yes I prepared these lines and was ready to go for it. I had to check lots of variations today because usually I don’t play Slav Defense. I remember this line in my analyses. It seems to me that after Bg6 computer showed that this position is equal. I was calculating only Rfc8 but then during the game I decided to take with another rook. For some reasons I didn’t calculate 21.b4, I was thinking about 21.Rd1 only.Qe7 22.Rd4 and I can not take the bishop and play Nf6 instead and I could not estimate this position. If I take a bishop it can be very dangerous, White could have at least perpetual and in some variations they can really fight for more.

Ju Wenjun - Zhao Xue 1-0


Ju Wenjun: After Bf5 I think White got an advantage – they had two bishops and d5 pawn is weak. I played a new variation today, I had never played it before.

Zhao Xue: I was not really surprised because I’ve played many game in that opening from both sides. I missed her move Bb2 after I played Rd6. I answered Qd8 and it should be a very bad move. I think I could have some activity on the King side but I didn’t know how to play and improve my position.

Ruan Lufei – Hou Yifan 0-1


Ruan Lufei: I think White had slightly better position. After 20…Kh8 I should have played Re1 she can answer Rfe8 and then Qd3. Maybe this changing of moves was better. Also gf was a mistake, I should have played Nd5 Qd6 and Qb4…

Hou Yifan: …but here I can play Bc6 and it’s still complicated. I think after f6 White are still a little bit better but Black can hold the position. It seems just unclear for me. Maybe gf is not really good move because I have a pawn up after that. This endgame is still not easy for me to win. Of course her last move is just a blunder.

Elina Danielian – Betul Yildiz 1/2 – 1/2


Betul Yildiz: I’ve played this opening two times before and we prepared it with my coach today. I think I didn’t play it successfully. I was ready till her move g3 I had a feeling she is going to play this variation. The first mistake was Na5.

Elina Danielian: What can I say? The position was completely winning for me today! I think even Be5 is completely winning I should not play Bd6 after but of course Rdd8 was just winning a rook.

Ekaterina Kovalevskaya – Munguntuul Bathhuyagh 1/2 – 1/2 


Ekaterina Kovalevskaya: I think I had a completely winning endgame but I didn’t manage to win it. I was calculating Ng6 instead of Nc3 but I thought I did not have time. If she plays Ke8 I can play Re7 take her knight and give a rook for her pass pawn after. But I was not sure about Kg8.
Munguntuul Bathhuyagh: I was also not sure about Ng6 it seems I could hold the position and my pass-pawn is very dangerous. Maybe also White could have played Kg1 instead of Ke1.

Tan Zhongyi – Zhu Chen 1/2 – 1/2


Zhu Chen I’ve got quite normal position in the opening but then I played terrible move Nf5. If I take gf I don’t think I have problems. After Nf5 she played Ne4 and the position became just worse. In the opening I could play Qa5 instead of Nd6 but she could play back Nc4 and make a repetition but I wanted to play more. I think till the end she had better position and she was trying to win it. After 34…Rd8 I thought I could keep my position and after 41… Rd1 I thought I was going to survive. My opponent was playing very fast maybe there were some better chances for her.

Official website: http://shenzhen2011.fide.com

No comments:

Dalam hidup, terkadang kita lebih banyak mendapatkan

Apa yang tidak kita

inginkan

Dan ketika kita mendapatkan apa yang kita inginkan,

Akhirnya kita tahu bahawa yang kita inginkan

Terkadang tidak dapat membuat

Hidup kita menjadi lebih bahagia.

Let's Play Against Shredder